Sunny days always make me dream of summer. Long days, warm nights, beaches, cold beverages… I can’t wait!
And somehow, these summery dreams have given me a weird obsession with pineapples. I know, it’s a bit strange, but hey, pineapples are awesome! There’s just something about them that reminds me of exotic islands with sandy white beaches and clear turquoise water…
And they’re super cute, too! The necklace in the picture below has become a staple accessory, and I’ve lurked around that purple Zara clutch with the pineapple lock for quite some time now… So here’s my little pineapple-y wishlist!
- “Wants and Incognitos” print, via Modcloth
- Pineapple ice cube tray, via Asos
- Pineapple printed t-shirt, Tommy Hilfiger via Zalando
- Purple clutch with pineapple lock, via Zara
- Gold pineapple pendant necklace, Orelia via Zalando
And as we all know, pineapple also makes an awesome ingredient for all sorts of summery fresh recipes – their exotic flavor and fruity sweetness are great additions to any dish or drink. They’re actually really delicious in savory recipes, too, especially when there’s spiciness involved.
I’ve collected some of my favorites below! Don’t they all look great? Warning: severely mouthwatering!
- Grilled chicken with pineapple avocado salsa, via Gimme Some Oven
- Spicy pineapple mint juleps, via Just Putzing Around The Kitchen
- Pina Colada sorbet, via Recipe Runner
- Frozen picante pineapple margaritas, via The Londoner
- Rum-soaked grilled pineapple, via Gimme Some Oven
- Spicy pineapple chicken kabobs, via The Gunny Sack
What’s your take on pineapples? Or are you more of a strawberry, banana, or kiwi kinda person?