It’s wishlist time again!
The weather’s been a bit tricky – skipping between beautiful sunny days and pure grey, wet misery – which makes it hard to dress appropriately. We’re not quite in the freezing temperatures yet, although forecasts promise we’ll get there soon. We’ll also be setting the clocks back this coming weekend, giving us an hour more of sleep, plus Halloween is around the corner… ah, I just love fall!
It’s the time of hygge, knit sweaters, warm colors, hot tea, and long evenings with HBO (my current series obsession is taking slightly overhand).
Here are some of my current faves:
- I’ve been looking for an oversize tweed blazer for what feels like forever, and I’ve finally found this one at Zara – it’s oversize, but still tailored in the right places (even though that didn’t stop my friend from asking whether I was wearing my boyfriend’s jacket…).
- Dark green is a fall favorite color, and Essie‘s nail polishes always hit the spot! This lovely shade is called “The Perfect Cover Up” and has been my go-to color these past weeks.
- Booooooooots! Give me all the boots, ankle boots, cowboy boots, biker boots, rubber boots, Ugg boots – I want them ALL! Come fall and winter, I practically live in boots. I just ordered these awesome Buffalo biker boots from Zalando – really hope they fit!
- Fall means one thing and that’s PUMPKINS. I’ve already declared my undying love for Starbucks pumpkin spice lattes (#PSL), but I also love cooking with pumpkins (my latest discovery: homemade pizza with pumpkins, chorizo, and pecorino cheese) – and when I came across this silver Lene Bjerre pumpkin at Magasin, I couldn’t walk past it. That’ll definitely be the centerpiece on the Thanksgiving table this year!
- Random fact about me: I have a big head. I tend to have a hard time fitting any type of hat on my giant noggin – I choose to believe that’s because I have a big, smart brain. I still love hats, though, so I was thrilled to find this bordeaux delight by Mint & Berry that actually fits. Now if only it wasn’t so windy in Copenhagen all the time – I’m afraid it’ll blow off!
- No “hygge” without candles! Normally, I’m not one for scented candles, I usually find them too overpowering. But I’ve said before that Skandinavisk always manages to strike a perfect balance with their amazing candles – and what would be more appropriate for fall than “bål” (campfire)?
What are your favorites this fall? Share in the comments below!