Hej, I’m Laura, a German expat living and blogging in Copenhagen, Denmark.
I started this blog partly as a creative counterpart to my day job, and as a vehicle to share my experiences as an expat in Denmark. I’m hoping to share both personal stories and provide relevant and helpful information to other expats, both in Denmark and around the world.
During an exchange semester in New Orleans, I not only lost a piece of my heart to that amazing place, but I also met my very own Danish viking (tall, blonde, and fond of beer, as you’d expect them to be!). And during many visits to Copenhagen, I fell in love with this beautiful country, city, culture and people as well.
Since then, I’ve noticed a number of things that strike me as a little bit weird, funny, brilliant or surprising, so I’ve decided to write a blog about Denmark and Copenhagen from a foreigner’s perspective. I love many things, including food, coffee, cozy little stores selling beautiful furniture and accessories, the beach, being outside, cooking and baking, wine, New Orleans, football, weekends, travelling and so much more, that will also find their way into my writing.
All photos on this site are taken by me, unless otherwise credited. I shoot with my iPhone 6 or with my Nikon D3200, using AF-S Nikkor 18-55mm and 35mm 1:1,8G lenses. Please do not use any photos unless you ask first – you can use the contact form here – and please link back appropriately when doing so.
I hope you enjoy reading, and please feel free to leave a comment and share your own experiences!
The Copenhagen Tales around the web
- I’m the food expert for Copenhagen for FoodieHub.tv – your go-to website celebrating the essential eats in 275 cities around the world!
- City of Copenhagen: Recommended post about learning Danish
- InterNations.org: Recommended expat blog Copenhagen
- ExpatFocus: Recommended expat blog Denmark
- BuzzFeed: this post was included in a list of “41 Insanely Helpful Style Charts Every Woman Needs Right Now” (#17)
- ExpatFocus: Interview about experience as an expat in Copenhagen
- MetroXpress: Portrait about The Copenhagen Tales in a Danish daily newspaper (print and online, in Danish)
- Madklubben: Featured this review of Alabama Social on their homepage and the brunch review here
- Spotted by Locals: Named as one of the best Copenhagen blogs 2016
- Tripaside: Mentioned as one of five Copenhagen travel blogs to read before a layover
Please note: This blog is a hobby for me, and I don’t earn my living from it, nor did I start it for the purpose of making money. But blogging is a time-consuming hobby, and hosting, design, etc. cost money, too. So you will see a couple of ads and affiliate links on this page, and I will occasionally work with brands or write sponsored posts. You can see my principles for these cooperations here.